Sunday, June 09, 2013

Postal/Thank You/Anything goes!

Happy Sunday crafters!

Well its a peaceful Sunday in the 'House of Bling' so while its quiet and its just me and the hermit crabs and hubbys at work I thought it was a perfect time to set to and get on with the card for 3 challenge blogs/ The challenges I am entering with this card are-

Magnolia Down Under- Thank You
Totally Tilda- Going Postal
Tilda's Town- Anything goes

Now as I was thinking of this card I was listening to Frank Sinatra and his song about Paris was playing on the IPOD so this is why this card has a Parisian feel to it. For the stamps I used Tilda in Havana, Brick wall, Café chair and table.

I used basic Kaisercraft card stock in 'ballet' which is one of my fave colours. I thought nice chic muted tones for this card. The design papers I used are from  Creative Imagination collection 'Gallivant'. I used this as it has postcards, postal marks and stamps in it. Plus it is a gorgeous colour palette which went well with the 'ballet' cardstock. I distressed the edges of all the parts of the card, I like that vintage look. I then used the following dies -

Magnolia Doo hickey- vintage tag
Magnolia Doo hickey flag an cloud- I only used the flag and cut it 5 times out of Gallivant paper
LLLC -Eiffel tower
Lifestyle crafts - Sugar Cookie Alphabet Die

These were then placed around the card to add some extra dimensions. The tag has some shabby chic ribbon from 'Live and Love Crafts' tied through. Before I added my image I used velvet ribbon in Rose Pink from Ribbon Girl behind and also tied a bow in the same ribbon.

I stamped and masked the stamps to create a Parisian café theme. I coloured this image in Distress ink in the following colours-

Skin- Tattered Rose/Spun Sugar
Hair- Mustard Seed/Scattered straw
Dress- Victorian Velvet/ Aged Mahogany
Hairband- Dusty concord/Pin Needles
Table/Chair- Scattered straw/Pumice stone
Table cloth- Milled Lavender
Cup/saucer- Tumbled glass
Brick- Brushed Corduroy/ crushed Olive
Path- Bundled Sage

Some paper flowers in ivory and rose pink were attached. I then added the die cut letters to the die cut flags to form the word 'Merci' for the Thank you aspect of the card for the MDUC.

I added a Eiffel tower charm and a postcard charm. Added some Perfect pearls to make Tilda's necklace stand out and then added to Bling in the form of rose pink rhinestones from KC.

I hope you guys enjoy my card!!

Love D xx





 

13 comments:

  1. I love how you added gems and pearls to your image! The charms are so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a gorgeous challenge!!! love d xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove your Card! Great Embellishments! Wonder what you will do next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Jenny!!! I am just loving it1 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shabby chic look of your card and soo many pretty embellishments too. Love that velvet ribbon. Thanks for joining in with our Going Postal challenge at Totally Tilda this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for the lovely comments!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. woo hoo...look at those embellishments..Lovely!! Thank you for playing with us at Tilda's Town

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. It's not even a card..it's more like art work. Your coloring is beautiful and all those gorgeous embellishments. It's wonderful to just sit and admire this piece of art! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw thank you so much!!!! means a lot to me.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Davinia, with so many lovely details!!
    Thanks for joining MDUC this week.
    Hugs, Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!!! see you for the next challenge!xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Totally Tilda. jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you jenny!!! I had so much fun doing this card.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx