Sunday, October 18, 2015

Dingle, dangle scarecrow...

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

Gorgeous day here, warm with a lovely light breeze...still after nearly 6 years cannot get head round that this is October weather!!! Im used to rain!!! So since its the bewitching month I thought I would have a play around with some spooky-ness... and its also mine and hubby's anniversary on Halloween, 10 year!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges-

Magnolia Forever - Purple
Magnolia Mania- Lace and Pearls
Magnolia-licious Challenge blog- Spooktacular fun
Paradise of Stamps- Halloween or Fall
Time for a Magnolia Challenge- Autumn/ fall colours



So for my Spooktacular card I used 'Tilda as a Scarecrow', she is an oldie but definitely a cutie.  I coloured Tilda with Distress inks, isnt the new purple from Tim Holtz gorgeous!!!! I used papers from the Graphic 45 collection 'Happy Haunting' its a cute fun collection which has some fabulous prints in it.

The dies are a mix of Magnolia and La La Land Crafts.  I used lace from my stash, love this gorgeous rich black lace which edges the the left of the main image.  The leaves at the bottom are a ribbon again from my stash. I cannot for the life of me remember where I got it from.

Now the pumpkin...he is a Magnolia die from the last doohickey club and I couldnt resist the googlie eyes! I tried but couldnt!!!! The bats...are from La La Land and I cut two sets, covered all of the die cuts with Stickles 'Black Diamond' glitter glue. I then stuck them together with mounting tape and as they are a bit brittle from the glue drying I was able to bend the wings up so they are even more pronounced and 3D.  The bees are are on the stamped image I coloured black and turned them into bats.

The flowers are a mix of Wild Orchid Crafts and Kaisercraft.  Tucked into the flowers you will see a little haunted house charm.

For the stars I used some wood veneers, as I wanted to show that it is nighttime so they are dotted around the main image, beside the flowers and the spiders web. The pearls are a yellow colour and I added them to the bats, the spiders web edging at bottom and also the the top of the pumpkin.  Finally on the top corner, at the spiders web I added a moonstone purple brad which is also from Wild Orchid Crafts.

On the inside I continued the Halloween theme, and added some Autumn elements with rub on embellies.

Hope you have a spooktacular day!!!


Glitter Words





























[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

7 comments:

  1. Stunning as always! Thanks for joining at Magnolia Forever: Purple
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your purple card is so gorgeous, Those eyes are such fun! Thank you for sharing at Magnolia Forever! Hugs Julie xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Davinia, you have entered your card in our Stars-challenge but it has to be a Christmas card and therefore I would suggest that you enter your card in our Fall/Autumn challenge? Use this link to go to the right challenge http://timeformagnoliachallenge.blogspot.nl/2015/10/time-for-magnolia-challenge-103-autumn.html. Your creation is stunningggggggggggggg! Warm Hugs, Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful halloween card ♥.
    thanks for playing with us at Magnolia Mania.
    Hugs, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello davinia,
    very beautiful halloween-card, thankyou for joining us at the magnolia mania, greetings from sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful, love the embellishing too. Thank you for joining us at Magnolia-licious, good luck!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Halloween card, great choice of image and so many wonderful details. Thank you so much for coming over to play with us at Magnolia-licious. Good luck in the draw. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx