Monday, October 22, 2018

edwin does the graveyard shift..... 👻

So guys!

We are nearly at the end of October! How on earth did that happen! like I am sure it was just July last time I looked! sheesh! So since we are heading into the summer here it means Halloween  👻💀☠  is on its way. Back home its autumn for me so I still cant get my head round Christmas in summer.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges-

Magnolia-licious challenge blog- Use your fave colour
All about magnolia challenge blog- All about shaped cards
Allys Angels challenge blog - Spooky
Alphabet challenge blog - 'O' is for owls
Fussy and fancy challenge blog  - Things with wings
International Art and soul challenge blog- Orange and black
Little patch of craft friends - Anything goes
lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia challenge blog - Anything goes - last challenge *sob*
Paradise of Magnolia challenge blog- Anything goes
Sweet Stamper challenge blog - Autumn/Halloween

So for this card I decided that I wanted a kinda graveyard theme going on. I also wanted some movement in it so I went with my fave pendulum cards.

I coloured Edwin as a mummy with Distress inks. Now he sits on the pendulum top part so he rocks and looks like a mummy coming towards you. I used papers from Pion Designs 'Witching hour" which is such a fabulous collection....yes i bought more..... i couldnt resist.

I coloured the pumpkin with Distress inks. The owl is suspended on some clear acetate so he looks like he is flying and is also coloured with Distress Inks. I cut the gravestone stamped images out and layered them on double sided tape to pop out.

The bat diesand the spooky fence are from La La Land crafts - how fab is that fence! The grass along the border of the fence is from Magnolia. The toadstools edging the pumpkin is also from Magnolia.

On the pendulum part itself inside the card I used a Magnolia sentiment.

Hope you have a great week.

Glitter Words













[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This card is super adorable! I love the cute little mummy and the way he rocks! The owl flying overhead and the way you cut the bats out with the stary paper is very cool!

    Thank you for playing along with us at International Art and Soul. I look forward to seeing more of your projects there!

    Chriss - INAS DT Sister
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to really look but finally saw the adorable owl hovering over the cute mummy. What a great card! I love all of the great details!! Thank you for playing with my Owl challenge at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you will play with us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... what a stunning card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers challenge and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card made me smile! It is just adorable! I loved the unexpected surprise of the fold up with the filmstrip! And the owl... So smart! Great job, Davinia! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an amazing card.....Lovely idea and thank you for sharing at LHOSM, Magnolia-licious and Ally's Angels.
    xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for playing along this week at International Art & Soul. I sure hope to see you back again very soon!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    International Art & Soul DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Davinia. We are spring here too but currently it is a thunderstorm! Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super Halloween card. Like a decoration in it self.
    Thanks for playing with us at Paradise of Magnolia and LHOSM
    Hugs from Elin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx