Wednesday, August 17, 2016

I shall have a fishy on a little dishy....



Happy Wednesday everyone!
Everyone having a good week so far? Well it was beautiful yesterday absolutely stunning and today we are getting lashed by wind and rain...so makes a change!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges-

Deep Ocean Challenge blog- Seaside or beach
Marvelous Magnolia Challenge blog- Holiday
Magnolia Forever- Birthday
Paradise of stamps- Anything goes
Paradise of Magnolia- Anything goes
Craft heaven shop inspiration and challenge blog- Anything goes with the option of a sketch

So this card is a card for my hubbys birthday next week....shhhhh! He loves to fish but he also love to snorkel and look at all the beautiful fish and the coral here in Western Australia. So I thought this Edwin would be perfect for him! I also wanted to make a shaker card for him as I know he likes them.

I coloured Edwin with Distress Inks. I used papers from the Kaisercraft collection 'Sandy toes' Its my fave beach collection that they have done. Its just perfect. For the shaker part...well I had the bright idea to die cut lots of little gold fishy. Yup they are tiny and I was cross eyed but it was well worth it! I glued them together so it would be gold all way round not just on one side. I also added blue glitter and some blue sequins to the shaker material. So it looks like the fish are swimming with Edwin in the water. It will be defo something I do again...lol yup I must be mad!

The dies ohhhh I had so much fun with these! I literally die cutted my heart out I loved it!!!! I used Go Kreate for the shape of the card. The main dies around the card are from Magnolia. Around the shaker pouch I used and Impression Obsession die and the little fishy are also from there too. I sprayed the die cuts with Iridescent Gold glimmer mist, it really reminds me of that beautiful summer glow you get as the sun goes down.

I added cheese cloth and some gold sparkly mesh behind the image. The awesome lace at the bottom of the card is from Live and Love Crafts and the sentiment above Edwin is from a La La Land crafts.

On the sign I added some mini alphas that read 'Beach life' because we have just moved to the coast and the beach is literally two mins walk from our front door...perfect!

To finish off I added a little charm of a fisherman in his boat with the fish on the line.

Fingers crossed the birthday boy to be doesnt peek in my craft room!

Have a fab rest of the week.

Glitter Words





















[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

5 comments:

  1. Very gorgeous card. I love papers & details!! Thank for playing with us at Paradise of Stamps challenge.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful shaker card and I love the little fish! Thank you for sharing with us at Marvelous Magnolia, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Creation, such a lot of work, an amazing shaker card, I am sure that your hubby will love it! Love the overall design, just perfection! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Marvelous Magnolia honey.
    Crafty Cuddles Jay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!!!!!
    I love swimming Edwin.
    Thank you for joining us at Magnolia Forever Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Bianca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning creation Davinia!
    I love all the precious details you added!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Marvelous Magnolia.
    Hugs and Smiles
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx