Monday, April 22, 2013

magnolia down under challenge - recycle baby 2



Now here is my 2nd entry to the recycle challenge. Here I have recycled a few different things.

First there is the awesome tree. This was on a card my mother in law sent us for Christmas! I couldn't resist but stealing it off the front! LOVE it! lol. Second only just peeping out is the ribbon from our Christmas cake! washed but still smells of rum lol! Third, another ribbon, the gold one was on a present, forth is the buttons that was on a apron that has seen better days. and finally the clip, it was a bit of a dodgy one as spring wasn't tight enough to hold up cards, as it is from Coles selection of card clips. Knew it would come in usual one day lo!

So a you can see I used the lovely little Tilda who is decorating the tree. She is one of my faves. So cute!!! For her hair I used YR21, E55, E50. For her fairy wings I used R20 and when dried I put some of stickles on in 'fairy dust'.  For her lovely top I used R46 as the all over colour and then used R89 to highlight where the natural folds in the material would be. Her tights which are just so sweet are coloured in the lovely festive colours G14 and G17. For the heels on her socks I again used R46 and highlighted the folds again with R89.

For her hair bow I used the same colour green, G14 to tie it in with her socks.  The baubles in her basket are coloured BV02, G14, RV 04, BG01 and Y35 with her basket itself coloured in YR23.

In her hand she has a silver star that was once on a decoration that met its demise last year when dropped.

Hope you enjoy my recycled items card!!

Love d xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh, it's beautiful ♥ Thanks for playing along with us at MDUC this week.
    Hug, Janne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I will hold my hands up and say I winged it on this one, this one threw me a bit lol! so it was this and candle... had candle decorated but then worried in case it was a fire risk! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the things you have recycled.. Thanks for playing with us this week at MDUC.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx