Monday, April 15, 2013

Magnolia Down Under Challenge -Masking- Card 2

Hey guys!!

Well ive got the masking bug! I have been waiting for a chance to use this background and this challenge from Magnolia Down Under Challenge's seemed the perfect opportunity. Sit back and relax and enjoy Edwin and his lizard in their tropical travel log with Graphic 45 papers! Enjoy!



As you can see the base of the card is the gorgeous dark Navy cardstock from KC. Perfect for a boys card.  The Paper picked for this is from 'Graphic 45 Tropical Travel log, which is a pad full of beautiful exotic coloured papers. Now im a print fan so I chose this giraffe print for the background colour as Edwin is in the middle of the jungle to me in this.  I then used the papers which have the passports pages on it and distressed it with 'vintage photograph' Ink from the Tim Holtz collection. This adds a worn, well thumbed/well travelled look to it and you can just see the visa sign peeping out.  I then used the 'wild thing' sentiment stamp from magnolia to a luggage tag style paper.  I embellished with the lovely dark green ribbon and tropical blue flowers.  As always I added a charm to the card and this one is a postcard charm.

AAt the very top of the card (which can just be seen) I added green brads to it and in the same area but at the bottom of it I added some lovely gold rhinestones to pick up with the gold colour in the card.

Now colouring wise theres a lot to do with this background. Here is the colour combo I used for this card.

Skin: YR000,  E21,  R20,  R01,   R30.
Hair: YR21,  E55, E35,  YR23
Lizard:  W1,  W5,  G94
Lizard Tongue:  RV 95
Waterfall:  BG01
Trees:   BG96 ,  Y35
Tree trunk:  YG95
Land:  YG11, E31, YG67, E37, G94, G17
Grass:  YG00,  BG96,  YG03,  YG63,
Pants:  G85,   G99,  BG93
Boots- Sole:  BV23
Boots:  E71
Belt:  E39
Laces: R46
Jumper:  B12,  B05,  B29
Tee:  BV 08. BV 12

Phew!!! what a list!  For the clouds I gently sponged on Tim Holtz 'Tumbled glass' ink.

Lastly to the water I added my usual Stickles in Diamond to give it that lovely glittery water look. I added Dimensional Magic to the lizard and the clouds.  I distressed the edge of the image again with vintage photograph ink from the Tim Holtz range.

and here is my mask that I used! Same principle as before, stamp image to use , put to one side, stamp image to mask on a sticky notelet and attach to main image. Ink up your background stamp and gently marry up the two and like magic Edwin is transport to paradise! Enjoy!





Love D xx

 



2 comments:

  1. Wow what a lovely tropical scene Davinia!
    Thanks for playing with us again at MDUC.
    Hugs, Camilla xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! means a lot! cant wait for the next challenge! although I do love masking lol! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx