Friday, April 12, 2013

Magnolia Down Under Challenge DT call - Card 2

Well since the DT call is for Magnolia Down under I thought it was only right to do an Aussie inspired card!!!

For this card I used Tilda with Kangaroo. 

For the card body itself I used Bazzill Bling card stock in Evergreen its give a lovely shimmery background to any card does the Bling collection. This was cut to 15.5 x 15.5 cm.

Once this was done I chose my papers. Now as we live in the Pilbara I thought the KC collection of 'Great Southern' was just spot on.  If you don't know about the Pilbara here is a few things. The place is very green surprisingly enough, but it is also very red as its Iron Ore here. The sunsets and Sunrise are amazing and we have lots of beautiful trees and the place is steeped in Aborginal history. So I chose the beautiful wildflowers paper and cut this into a strip and layered this at the very back. With the 'Great Southern' papers you get some very cool tags with each of the state, its a little map so of course being WA this was cut and places in the top right hand corner.  On top of this went the beautiful wildflowers paper. Now to show the sunset and sunrise, I then chose the gorgeous bright orange and red paper. This is like what you would imagine the sun would be like. Its got all those glorious colours that lights this place up morning and night.  The final  piece of paper is the old style Australia map. This is the WA section. This is the main piece behind the stamped image of Tilda.  For all of these pieces I distressed them all and inked carefully round the edge with 'Distress inks in Vintage Photograph' this gives it the perfect look at looks like the Pilbara as everything goes red up here from the iron ore.

Then on to Tilda. I stamped her with my Expresso Truffle ink pad and let her dry. I then set to work on her skin. For this I used my usual fave combo of YR000, E21, R01, R20 and R30. Then I started her hair. Think by now you guys know I love Tilda as a red head! so the combo of Copics used are R27, R02, E08, YR61. I JUST LOVE THIS COMBO! 

Now Tilda is a girly girl but she does have to wear the right stuff for the job and Tilda's clothes are to fit in up here! White is not an option here! So I give her the same colour that our Karjini National park rangers wear.  I used YG63,YG 95, YG67 for her top and added the beautiful crimson to the edge as she is true to her girly-ness. Then for her pants I used YR07 and YR22. Her boots were coloured in YG 63. and lastly her Kangaroo friend.  He was coloured in E55 and YR21.  Again by now you know I like to make her glow so I coloured her 'Aura' in Y00. Now as I say a bit of sparkle is always needed so I added Stickles 'Diamond' to the button on her boots.

Next, I took some KC organza ribbon in red and laid a piece behind where Tilda will be places. I pasted her to the card and then started with the flowers. Wildflowers are huge here so that is what inspired this part. I laid white flowers and a red flower from my personal stash, If you look closely at the bottom of the card you can see a little Koala charm. Having a hard time picking between to charms I added the shape of Australia charm to the top left hand corner. To finish I took some KC 'Hunter and Gatherer' collection jewels and used the darkest to add that little bit extra to the card. I also stamped out one of Magnolia's boomerang stamps and coloured this in copper and light cream with a R27 red trim and placed this in the top left corner just above the little Australia charm.

Now I shall add the pic next once my camera battery is charged! Don't go anywhere!!!!........



.......Woohooo! Camera is charged!!!! and here she is!




Love D xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Davinia, you really have done an awesome job, I think the layers look really good, and I know the colours are perfect for the Pilbara! Your colouring is great, and I love the background "Halo" you gave Tilda:-) Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for entering into our Design Team Call at Magnolia Down Under:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxxxxx
    P.S I love how you added so much detail into your post on how you made your card.. that is awesome:-)
    xxxx Oh and your blog is lookin' good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Karen!!! Thank you!! I am having a blast doing blog! thank you!! I just love the colours of this collections, and exactly its the Pilbara for sure! and we even have the odd Kangaroo up here! love and hugs. dxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx