Sunday, April 14, 2013

Magnolia Down Under Challenge - Masking

Good afternoon!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday?

So here is my entry into the MDUC - Masking! I have used Circus Tilda and she is sitting up a tree. Being in the circus Tilda can get anywhere!!!



Here you can see my image of Tilda that I have stamped onto a notelet. The sticky part at top helps as it stays on the image that you want to use, therefore allowing you to stamp the next image, im my case the tree branch, onto the paper without ruining the first image. I use lines as I find it helped me marry up the two images so no gaps or not too high.

For this card I used the Splitcoaststampers tutorial of a twisted easel card, this is on their website. 

Here we go with the colouring guide. For her skin its my usual combo (YR000, E21, R30, R01, R20) and her hair again my usual (R27, E08, YR61, YR02). Then I went to work on the branch.  For this I used E35, E08, E59, E57.  Her dress is lovely and fresh, for some reason when I was working on this I kept thinking of home (England) and of spring and the colours of the Daffodils. So that was the inspiration behind her dress. The colours are Y02 first this is across the whole of the dress. I then went back over with the darker colour of YR04 and added in where the creases would naturally be. Then again used the Y02 to blend it in.  For the band and the frills on her dress I used V12, AND V06.  Her hair band is done in Rose pink and her shoes match her frills and band with V06. 

Once this had dried I decorated my card. On the base of the card you will see feathers. Circus performers always have feathers in their head pieces to I used KC  new collection 'Elegance' and to tie in the top of the card I added some feathers and a small piece of cheese cloth.  I then attached Tilda to the top of the card and added beautiful paper blooms from my personal collection.

Then onto the base. To give the twisted easel card something to stand up against, to give it a small amount of support I added a green ribbon and a slightly paler green button.

The sentiment inside is also printed on KC 'Elegance' collection and I used a La La Land stamp which reads ' Life is a journey'.

Finally, I added some bling to the sentiment and to the flowers. I used my diamond Stickles on the leaves,  headband, and her shoes The I added a leaf shaped charm to finish off the card.

Love  D xx




2 comments:

  1. A wonderful masking card Davinia!!:) Lovely shape, and Tilda looks gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for joining our challenge at MDUC this week for the masking theme.
    I wish you a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! she is such a cutie! and I am a pretty big fan of twisted easel cards. Hope you have a lovely weekend hun. love d xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx