Friday, April 12, 2013

Magnolia Down Under Challenge DT call

Well I have been a busy bee crafting away this morning! Ask my hubby lol! toast this morning rather than pancakes!!!

For my entry into the MDUC DT call I decided to work with the adorable Tilda with lots of hearts. Tilda is always up to something!! lol.




For this card I used again, my fave of KC cardstock and cut it to the relevant size that I like. Same size as my other cards. 

I then used KC collection 'Lake house' as a background strip. It has metallic flowers on so it adds a bit of extra bling to it but all a extra dimension when the light catches it.  The I added a white feather from my own stash to soften up the edge of it and make it look more romantic.  I then added some lace from 'Live and Love crafts' to the very edge. This has a sparkle in the middle of each piece of lace - you know I love my bling!

After this I then used a Sizzx embossing folder with lots of hearts all over to add some body to the card.  This was then layered up behind the main part and in front of the Lake House piece. I slightly tilted it as I prefer it this was. I then added some cheesecloth to the left hand corner of the card. Cheese cloth is such a wonderful tool to play around with..

Then I used another piece of the Lake House collection to sit directly behind where my stamped image of Tilda is going to be. 

Next I stamped out my image using Memento ink in ' Espresso Truffle' which is my fave colour to stamp with. I let the ink dry before I got to work with my copics.

For Tilda's skin I stuck with my fae colour combo YR000,E21,R01, R20,R30. I layered the colour so it doesn't look obvious and went back across with my YR000 to blend any parts that look too dark. For her dress I used BV00 first and this set the colour so I could add darker patches to her where material would naturally crease. To add the creases I used V15 and V17just along the edge and then went back over with my BV00.  Then I set to work on here boots. Firstly G000 to get that lovely muted colour and then in the creases of her boots I used the darker G21. again like before followed with the G000 to blend.

Her hearts are coloured with RV10 and R85. I just love R85!

The trim of her dress is R27.

Now her hair.. I like Tilda with red hair, she just looks mischievous ! I use R02, R16, R27 and E08. Starting with the lightest colour and adding the darker where the hair would naturally be dark if a person tied it back. I then added the layers of each colour and went back over with my lightest colour like before to blend. 

I also live to give Tilda what I call an 'aura' and for this I use feather like strokes in Y00. She just glows!

Once this was done I mounted Tilda into the middle of the card and added some glitter. I just love Stickles in 'Diamonds' - because which girl doesn't like Diamonds!!!

Finally touches where the addition of paper blooms from my own stash and a beautiful piece of bling too. I added Dew drops to the bottom of the card which are gorgeous pale pink coloured glass like beads.

Very final touch was adding the 'Love' charm to the top of the card. 

Hope you enjoy!

Love D xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx