Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Magnolia Ink- Tilda with love is in the air




Ok guys now this is seriously one of my fave all time stamps! She is just so darn cute!!!

So for this card I used a basic cardstock from the Kaisercraft range which has a gorgeous array of colours so you are never short for a gorgeous card! So after I measured 15cmx15cm I folded my card in half (scored with my blade from my Kaisercraft cutter) and that made the main body of my card. 

Now for the fun bit! I stamped out this gorgeous Tilda stamp with Memento 'espresso Truffle' ink pad and let her dry to the side.  I think started to go to work on how I would be decorating the card. I got some beautiful pale pink cardstock in 'Ballet' again the KC range and cut it down to just slightly smaller than what the body of my card is. I then took my sponge ink stamper and dabbed all aound the edge and as you can see slightly into the card itself with Tim Holtz Distress ink pad in 'Vintage Photograph'. Once this dried I think took my distress tool (FYI I LOVE my distress tool!!!) and roughed up the edges to give it that lovely vintage look that I so adore.  In the background you can see some stripy paper- this is from the KC collection 'Little Primrose' which is delicate colours- and layered it behind so it just peeks out.

Then I set to work on Tilda. I use X press it paper with my Copics. I used a mixtures of colours on Tilda's hair - R27, E08, YR61, YR02 and started filling in her hair. Then I went onto her clothes. One of my fave outfit combos for Tilda is the following RV10, R85 and BG10. I love the fresh lovely colour that these produce together.  Then her skin. For this I use a number of different colours and layer it so she looks like she has a little bit of a tan but that lovely flushed cheek. For this my combo is- YR000, E21, R01,R20 and then R30. Once I have these laid down I think take my YR000 and just blend it ever so slightly just incase I have gone a bit OTT.  Lastly I take my colourless blender and just dot her cheeks so it pulls your eyes toward her. 

Now for the part I love BLING! Once I layered all of my papers down I think added some cheesecloth to it. It gives a lovely soft effect. Then some feathers, just a small amount to make it even softer.  Before I placed Tilda on card I added some vintage lace from my stash. The I used regular old PVA glue like on all the papers an glued the lace and Tilda into place. 

Lastly I took some paper blooms from my stash and cut the stems off and positioned them round the top and bottom.  I added some 'Dew drops' which are very cute glass beads to the top right hand corner.  If you notice the shape of the petals Tilda is throwing are hearts! Now I took flat back heart shaped buttons and glued a few round her to make it look a bit more 3D.

And finally, I added a charm to the card. For me charms just add that little bit extra to it.  This time I used a lovely ladies hat, kind of a wedding style one.

And there you have it... my take on Tilda with Love is in the air'

Love D xx

















2 comments:

  1. Love the card Davinia :) You did an awesome job!!
    Huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you!!! really appreciate it! getting more confident!!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx