Sunday, April 28, 2013

Magnolia Down Under Challenge - Buttons!

Hiya guys

so its time for the next challenge from MDUC and this one is as cute as a button! its Buttons!!!!

So here is my entry!



So isn't she cute! Firstly why did I pick this image? well I just love her but also love her little buttons on her UGGs.

Right the paper I used is the new collection from KC and is called 'Needle and Thread' which goes hand in hand with buttons right. On this paper the designs are of thread bobbins and of course buttons so I had to use it.In the very background you will see that the paper is covered in beautiful vintage colours and has flowers and buttons all over it. The piece after this is also from the same range and is gorgeous flowers again in those vintage shades. 

I then used the tag die from Magnolia's collection and cut this out twice using two different colour papers from the same collection. On one I places the sticker from the KC N and T collection, the sticker reads Cute as a button' and tied some pale purple ribbon through the hole. The second tag is placed in the top left corner with a button on it and the word 'button' spelt out in vintage letters.

Next I used my Spellbinders die and stamped the image of Tilda in UGGs on it in 'Memento Expresso Truffle' which is my fave ink colour to use.  I then used the following Copic colours to colour my image.

Skin; YR000, E21, R20. R30. R01
Hair: R27. E08, YR61, YR02
Dress: RV 34, RV 21
Butterfly: YR68, Y35 YG03
Little butterflies: B12
Boots: E37, E33
Button on boots: RV04

I then added my stickles in 'Diamond' to her boots and her earrings are in 'perfect pearls- Flamingo'.I also added the same colour Perfect Pearls to the top right hand corner.

I then applied a layer of buttons at the bottom to finish off. I kept to the nice and gentle colours which tied in nicely with the 'Needle and Thread' collection. Finally to add a bit more sparkle (it wouldn't be ifindoubtbling otherwise!) I added the Diamond stickles to some of the holes in the buttons.

This is definitely one of my fave challenges and I just adore this KC collection.

Love D xx

2 comments:

  1. Hello Davinia,

    Gorgeous card and lovely Tilda. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. To answer your question, my Tilda is sitting on a flat thread spool, one of the cut out from Pion Design paper Alma's Sewing Room collection.
    Have a lovely day and happy crafting.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya!!! Thank you so much! she just looked so cute sitting there, it was perfect! thanks for the feedback really appreciate it, love playing these challenges!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx