Saturday, June 14, 2014

Skater girl


Happy Saturday guys!

I am here today with a card that ive been itching to make. I love love love this stamp.

I am entering my card in the flowing challenges -

LOTV Ideas to inspire challenge blog- Male or sporty
A creative romance - Anything goes with happy birthday option
Bunny Zoe Challenge blog - Layers


So why did i pick this image? Well it is super cute but also brought back memories. Sunday mornings dad and me used to toddle off to the coast, mam staying home cooking Sunday lunch and i was off n my roller skates with dad walking behind shouting for me not to kill people! It was something that i loved and i know my dad did too. I loved my roller skates!

So i used this cute image from LOTV and the DPs are from Maja. I coloured her with Copics and added some shabby green fran-tage around the edges. I added some wooden stars to the top left hand corner of the main image. I added two lots of lace from my stash and the die is from Magnolia. A bit of cheese cloth adds some texture. I distressed the edges of the DPs and added a tag i found on our travels. The green pin ties in with the green bow and DPs but is also from my win on the Aussie Besties blog hop. So cute isnt it. I added some sparklets in Cameo and a couple of pearls in latte. The finishing touch was this wood heart, as this is a memory close to my heart. Since it a Male/ sporty theme card I kept the inside simple using the stripes from the front of the card, carried over to the inside and a wooden star.

I hope you like my card.

Glitter Words






















[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

4 comments:

  1. This is just Adorable! Looooove all that Gorgeous Lace! Have a Great Week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Davinia! I love your colouring and the brown and green tones look fabulous together!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley June Challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Davinia! what a fabulous title for your blog - LOVE IT! Your cards are a pure joy to view with all the bling and pretties attached. Thank you for your recent visit to my blog. I have become your newest follower to see what happens in your future designs. hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Davinia so glad we are teamies at Inky Chicks now, I have become your follower hope you will follow me too.
    GReat card by the way, pretty image colours and lace,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx