Thursday, March 20, 2014

Butterfly flutterbye

Evening friends

I am here tonight with a card that is sugar sweet. I am using a besties image and she is darling with her poodle skirt.

I am entering my card in the following challenges-

Scrapbook Stamp Society - Anything goes with butterfly option
My Besties UK challenge  Flower Power
Besites Challenge - Kids and babies

So I used the gorgeous DP from Kaisercraft collection 'Enchanted Garden'. I liked this collection as every little girl wants to be pretty in pink and this collection is stuffed full of fairies, glitter and pink. Its perfect. It really does make you feel magical. I coloured my bestie with copics and i went for pinks as i wanted a candy floss/fairy floss feel.

I used a Martha Steward punch for the butterflies and covered these with stickles and left them to dry. I then glued two together (i punched 8) and gently moved the wings so they look 3D.

I used a mix of flowers from WOC, Kaisercraft and some rolled roses from Live and Love crafts. Added to this was a beaded twirl and a Prima peach butterfly. I added a doily and a rose pink velvet ribbon and some shabby ribbon.  The sentiment is from a pack of clear stamps that i cannot find/remember the make of but its all fairy orientated. I added a little butterfly charm under the sentiment and placed the sentiment in place with pink diamond brads.

To finish i added pearls to my main image and scattered some through the butterflies.

I hope you like my card.

Glitter Words








Here is some of the DP i used, it has embossed butterflies on it. such a gorgeous collection!




















[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

6 comments:

  1. Olalaa what a charming card with all the butterflies!
    Thank you for participating ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Hugs Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute x - good luck with the besties UK challenge - Carol UK DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute and very beautiful card Davinia.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and


      Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

      Greetings Karin DT Coördinator


      Delete
  4. Fab card - Fairies and butterflies - two of my favourite things!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at UK Besties Challenge and good look with your entry
    Pixie (DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.....Thank you for entering the Besties Challenge.

    Hanny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx